Saturday, May 20, 2006

Today was a day of complete laziness and relaxation. I woke up late (well, as late as I could wake up considering I’m in a room with seven other girls who are very loud in the morning) and ate a hearty breakfast. The cooks downstairs make wonderful eggs – they mix them with pieces of ham and onions and potatoes and spices. SOOO good. Then I took a really long shower, because for once no one was in line behind me. Once I was all clean and sparkling, I wandered over to Mirabelle garden (where they filmed most of the “do-re-me” song for The Sound of Music) and sat in the dwarf garden, reading a book, until around 1:30. From there, I wandered around a bit more, then bought some chocolate gelato (when I tried to order in broken German, the girl who worked there said, “It’s okay if you speak in English – I’m Italian and understand that better anyway.”). And now I’ve just woken up again from a three hour nap which was uninterrupted by noisy roommates or loud traffic outside my window.

I love Salzburg.

I think tomorrow, if the weather is as nice as today (a questionable statement), I’ll wander up to the Hohensalzburg (the fortress), to get a view of the city from the top. While I’m here I’d also like to visit the Nonnberg Convent (at least the part that they’ll let visitors into), and go to some of the smaller towns to go hiking and maybe mountain biking (if I’m not feeling too lazy).

Sigh.

I hope everyone at home is enjoying the weather :-D. I feel wonderfully evil reminding yall that this is the second summer in a row that I have escaped the Texas heat. But my winter in Siberia may be karma coming back at me.

No comments: