Saturday, October 21, 2006

I can't decide whether what I did last night was good or bad. I lied to my roommate - told her I had a migraine to get out of going to the movie theater. I really didn't want to go - just to see some dumb movie, that I wouldn't even want to see in English, much less dubbed into Russian. And I REALLY didn't want to go to the club afterwards either. I think I've already talked about that. So I stayed home, read a little bit of Moby Dick (yes, I'm reading it again just fun), and watched North by Northwest, which I finally managed to find somewhere. All around a great evening.
I didn't feel too bad about lying this morning. Lies woke me up not once but twice on one of my few mornings to sleep in. First, she woke me up when she stumbled into the room at about 7 am. Any normal person coming home at such an hour might try to be a little courteous and be quick. But not Lies. Rummage, rummage, rummage. Then she got up again at 9 am, and instead of going to the kitchen, as I would have, to do what ever it is she felt necessary to work on that early on a Sunday morning, she woke me up yet again. Arrgh.
I need to stop ranting about this. I can't change her habits - can't even really do anything without being rude. All I can do is hold out for the next two months - and hope she finds a host family real quick.

No comments: