Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Snow and other news

That's right. Snow. During the first week in September. Not a blizzard exactly, but those were definitely snow flurries floating down this morning as I walked to the bus stop. And during class, the teacher suddenly looked at the window and said, "Снег!" (That's Russian for snow if you didn't guess). Oh man. I need some gloves. My hands are frozen. And so are my ears. I look silly in hats when I have short hair, but I'm going to have to do it anyway.
Okay, enough with the disbelief. On to business.
My new roommate showed up today. I haven't met her yet (I was in class) but there I know she's been there - she's already unpacked. I told the other Belgians that there were a couple more coming, so I think there's going to be a Belgians+Hannah party this weekend. :-D. As Donkey would say, "In the mornin', I'm makin' waffles!" Okay maybe not. No griddle. Or frying pan. Or large bowl to mix the batter in. But soon. Very soon.
I have no idea what's going on with this damn program. Things still aren't worked out. 24 more hours, then all hell is going to break loose. These people are going down if they don't fix this mess.
Oh, and Jordan would be proud. I just started reading The Dubliners. I couldn't help but smile when I read the chapter about Eveline. If you're a Nickel Creek fan, you might remember a song on their latest album with the same subject. Now I know where the story comes from. :-D. I feel smart, for the first time in several days (oh wait, the first time in several weeks).
Okay, off to find something to warm me up. Pizza?

No comments: