Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Training update...

So here's the scoop...
I AM TWO-THIRDS OF THE WAY TO THE FUNDRAISING MINIMUM!!! A week into fundraising, I've raised $200 already. Wow! Thanks to those who have donate thus far. If you haven't yet, it's super-easy ... just click on the link on the previous post or send a check made out to the National MS Society to me.
As far as training goes, I'm feeling pretty good. I did another 27 miles on Sunday, this time all hills. It was brutal, but I felt good afterwards. Apart from the general feeling of tiredness, no problems. My training buddies are having a little bit more difficulty. Renee's first day back to the world of cycling after a 5 month hiadus was the Sunday ride and I don't think it agreed with her. If only she would join Iris and I on our 6 am rides on Tuesday and Thursday. Hehehe. Iris also hit a bit of a snag this week - she ended up tearing a muscle in her leg and is now having to go through physical therapy for the next two weeks! Oh no! But no worries - she'll be back up soon, in plenty of time for the longer training runs.
This Saturday, we're doing the Tour Dallas, which is 30 miles through downtown to see all the sites. Bradley is joining us, so if Iris' leg isn't better and Renee is still having problems, I won't be alone.
After that, there's the weekly Sunday rides with the Mad Ducks in Grapevine, then on the 21st there's "Cruisin' de Hood" in Granbury (county seat of Hood County - get it), which is 63 miles. The Saturday after that, it's the Muenster GermanFest - another 63 mile ride. The Saturday after that is the MS150! Yikes, it's getting close.
I think I can, I think I can...

No comments: