Saturday, September 30, 2006

The "Shapichka" look

I decided that I had had enough of this shag-look I had going on with my hair. So, I racked up my courage and went in for another Russian haircut. It didn't turn out that bad. I've been debating for awhile whether to just let it grow for the next few months or chop it again. I picked something in the middle. I told the lady I just wanted the back trimmed, because it was turning into a mullet. She said something along the lines of, "You want me to make it more like a shapichka?" Yes, that's exactly it. A shapichka.
So you may be wondering, what exactly is a shapichka? Well, you know the stereotype of the fur-clad ladies? A shapichka is a style of fur hat that is quite common here. Not the one with the ear flaps, but something along those lines. Basically, I want to get my hair back to where it is essentially one lenght with some layers. Hard to do when the mullet is so popular here.
One another note, I had a good weekend. Lies was gone so I had the room to myself. WOOHOO! No one to wake me up far to early in the morning on the weekend. I did a lot of movie watching and music-listening, because the volumn really didn't matter. That will end tonight - she's coming back at some point.
Right now I'm still in search of some winter boots. That's the goal for the day. It will happen.
So, once again, Hannah - out.

No comments: