Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hannah Banana and the Blustery Day

Yes, that's right. The cold weather has returned. It's not like I wasn't expecting it - it is Siberia after all. But I am a little irritated that it's getting really cold right before our little excursion to Oshon. It's still on for this Friday, rain or shine. I was going to skip my Syntax class (I'm thinking about dropping it anyway), but apparently we're not having class this week because the teacher is going to be at some conference. So things are going as planned (except of course for the weather).
When I left the dorm this morning I was fine in just my long sleeve shirt and hoodie (and this was at 7 am, mind you). By the time I left he university at noon, it was absolutely freezing. And the wind is blowing really hard. You know all those nice pictures of the golden tree leaves? Well, now there are more floating about on the street than on the trees. It's kind of cool. And it definitely feels like I always imagined Winnie the Pooh's "blustery day" must have felt like.
I tried to go to class again this afternoon. That damn regional studies course. I was thwarted once again. But once again, IT'S NOT MY FAULT! I was in the right place at the right time - there were other students there as witnesses (all very nice by the way - loved that I was from Texas). But no teacher. GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I guess it's just not meant to be.
Of course, no class means I can go home, curl up with a cup of cocoa, and watch a movie. I found a copy of Casablanca and Notorious, so I can finally quench my thirst for the classics.
As always, if you're sick of the heat back there in Texas, give me a call and I'll tell you tales to bring your temperature down.

No comments: