Friday, February 17, 2006

What?! It's winter?!

Something strange is afoot. For the past three weeks, we've had absolutely gorgeous weather during the week and horribly cold weather on the weekends. There is something seriously wrong with this situation. Every time I get excited about a bike ride or some other outdoor activity I've planned for Friday or Saturday morning, I wake to find my computer warning me of impending coldness. And this weekend, it's saying ice as well. Well, boo to that. I want to ride my bike, sit out at the park and read some Faulkner, have a picnic, DO SOMETHING OUTSIDE!!! I may be planning on freezing my ass off next fall/winter, but I'm not there yet . . .
Okay, I've vented. Now on to some more exciting stuff. Last night, in a sudden fit of self-indulgence, I bought the first season of Grey's Anatomy. I didn't feel too bad at first, because it was only $20. But then I sat down and began watching it . . . for five hours. Great show. But why did I watch it for five hours straight. Beats me. I need to get a life. Or at least some sleep.
Tonight is the Mayan Late Night at the DMA. Should be cool. Mariachis, DJs, coffee, yoga . . . the list goes on. If you're going, let me know.
So ends this rather random post. Hopefully the next will be less so.

No comments: