Monday, October 23, 2006

I very nearly killed myself this morning while walking to the bus stop. Some nice comrade shovelled all the sidewalks earlier in the morning, leaving lots of nice icy concrete to walk on instead of snow. I'd rather walk through knee-deep powder than down an icy path, but I guess it's the thought that counts.
It's still really pretty outside - a big fluffy blanket covering just about everything in sight. Of course, I think most of the snow will be gone by this evening. Considering it snowed for about 6 hours straight yesterday, I find it amazing that there is not a cloud in the sky today - the sun is shining bright. It's still kind of cold, but the sun can work miracles.
The best part about today is that I have absolutely nothing to do. The university is hosting some conference, so they cancelled classes for the day. Woohoo! I think I'm going to try a new trick - refried beans from scratch. Should be ... interesting.

No comments: