Sunday, August 13, 2006

Now I'm scared of the dark

Lindsey's gone :-(. It kind of bums me out that I'm now the only one left in our little flat at the dorm (though being alone is much better than spending one more second with Katya). Last night was the first night that I have slept in a room by myself in 3 and a half months! It sort of creeped me out, especially since the nights have gotten noticably darker than they were when I arrived (I don't think we actually had nights then).
It was nice though to relax and just be by myself. I read a lot last night. I'm so close to the end of One Hundred Years of Solitude that I'm finding it difficult to do much else. I had to get out of the dorm today though. I'm leaving here on Tuesday night and I can't spend my days just sitting on my butt reading (as fun as that is). I was going to go to the Hermitage one last time today, but there was a line stretching all the way across the garden. Even though I could have gone in the employee entrance with my pass, I didn't want to deal with a crowd that size. I can't enjoy art when there are fifty bazillion other people just walking around, without any regard for others or a real desire to enjoy the art. I'll try to go back on Tuesday before I leave.
I did manage to make it to the Pushkin museum finally. It was hidden because they are restoring the building. But I got in and it was nice. And short, which is a plus. Sometimes these "apartment of _____" museums are way too indepth - the have a tendency to bore me to death. But I liked this one. Very simple.
I'm supposed to eat lunch with Ksusha today (former roommate), but I'm still waiting for her call. "Lunch" is a relative thing here - it means a meal anytime between the hours of 1 pm and 5 pm. So maybe not eating breakfast this morning was a bad idea. But I want to save room for the delicious pizza that will be filling my belly soon.
If any of you want to chat with me, you better call me before Tuesday night. That'll be the last day that I'm sure to get your call when you call. I'm not sure how roaming works with this cell. And I might have to get another number when Im in siberia. But you'll always be able to reach me (though maybe not immediately) by calling 254-230-1818.
Toodles!

No comments: