Friday, May 05, 2006


The flight from DFW to Frankfurt was surprisingly pleasant. The babies didn’t begin to cry until we began our descent, and I do believe I got at least 5 hours of sleep. That’s exciting considering I usually can’t sleep on planes. Hopefully (if I can stay awake until a reasonable hour) my sleep cycle won’t be too whacked out.

I have a small confession to make. I took a stowaway aboard the plane with me. Katharine gave me a little green Frog to keep me company and I couldn’t in good conscience leave him behind, even with my limited space. I think he enjoyed the flight though and wasn’t too much of a nuisance. He spent most of the flight sitting in my drink holder and looking out the window.

I did have a cognac after dinner, but other than that I decided to play it smart and not arrive in a foreign land completely smashed. Of course, we all know that I never get drunk.

Well, I should get up off the floor and go get some breakfast. Frog has kindly pointed out that we are sitting right next to the Goethe-Bar – Jordan would be so proud. Oh, and Iris, for some reason they sell Caipirinhas in the Frankfurt airport.

No comments: